Tips for Visiting the Santa Monica Pier and Pacific ParkOctober 28th, 2017
Whether you’ve been selected to plan a company or family outing, organizing for a group of friends, scheduling a date with a special someone, or you’re just hoping for a few moments to be by yourself, it helps to know what to expect when visiting someplace unfamiliar. Fortunately, we have the key to all of the most important questions – about how to have a great time in Los Angeles under any of the above circumstances. Breathtaking views, fun rides, and unexpected deals can be found at the Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Park. This hub of attractions is constantly buzzing with energy to be shared with one and all.
While some places have to close up due to frozen winters or hot summers, the Santa Monica Pier is always open and ready for you and yours. However, it is important to note that individual business’ hours may vary, so to save time it is wise check the hours for specific vendors prior to arrival.
- Pacific Park, that entertaining and magical park on the pier where visitors of all ages ride the rides, win the prizes, and indulge in the food, may have limited hours due to the season, private events, and weather. That being said, if the intention is to visit the pier to ride, eat, and play in the Park, make sure to check their hours for the date and time of the planned visit! Don’t forget you can also book parking at the pier for a reduced rate.
- There are three parking lots which are easily pier-accessible. One of these is on the pier, which makes things pretty simple, and the other two are just below the pier, reachable via Appian Way. Pier parking is regulated by the City of Santa Monica and costs between $6 and $15 depending on the season. Like some of the establishments throughout LA, such as the Getty Center, parking at the Pier may not be free, but the price of admission well makes up for it.
Once you’ve done your due diligence establishing that the Park will be open, it’s time to discuss the subject of payment. Many amusement parks tend to charge fees for parking and then charge more fees to simply enter the park, but the Pier and Pacific Park have broken the mold.
- Just how much is it to enter the pier, and how much on top of that for the fun activities, sights, and sounds in Pacific Park? Well, as of December 2017 and for the foreseeable future, admission to Pacific Park is free ($0.00).
- Naturally, it costs money to operate rides, staff games, and create food and beverages, so the individual rides, games, and attractions have individual fees which range from about $5 to $10. This allows visitors to come visit and spend hours taking in the experience, delicious smells of the wide variety of snacks and foods, and the sparkling lights of the Pier’s famous Ferris wheel.
- This is perfect for a group of friends who are looking for an amusement park that will be fun for all and easy on budgets. The affordable pricing allow locals and out-of-towners alike to contribute to the vibrancy of the timeless Santa Monica Pier by providing patronage and support to local businesses.
- With its affordability, the Pier and Pacific Park make it possible to get out and enjoy the amusement park all year round without overspending for passes like they might do at other parks around the country.
- There is even an affordable option for the folks who love to hop on and off rides all day, and visitors can book online to save even more. Based on current pricing, a one-day ticket for one adult to attend the typical amusement park costs more than five times the online single adult ticket price for Pacific Park Unlimited Ride Wristbands. In addition to rides and games, the Pier and Park offer a wide variety of meal options to satisfy any appetite or budget.
Visiting the pier will work up an appetite, and they have you covered with several food and beverage options on the Santa Monica Pier, inside Pacific Park, and throughout the surrounding areas.
- Dining options range from corn dogs and taco trucks to fine dining and freshly caught sushi and sashimi on and around the pier. Almost any food craving can be satisfied thanks to the diverse population and restauranteurs whose establishments surround the pier and adjacent streets.
- For families celebrating a special moment, such as graduation, a new job, or a little one’s birthday, or couples getting away to indulge, the Pier is well equipped to handle a wide variety of traditional and creative celebrations. Pacific park is not only a local and international attraction, it is available for private bookings for special events such as company parties, reunions, weddings, or any other special event worth celebrating.
- Santa Monica being a popular travel destination for business and leisure, there are plenty of hotels and resorts to choose from when planning a total-package visit to the Pier and Pacific Park whether it is a family reunion, a wedding, or a company retreat, enjoying time with the ones we care about has never been so close or easy as Santa Monica and Pacific Park.
With these tips, as well as some sunblock, layered clothing, and a dash of excitement, everyone can enjoy the Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Park – whether it is their first or five-hundredth visit. Tried and true attractions create lasting memories, and historic landmarks like Pacific Park and the Santa Monica Pier continue to provide the beautiful and diverse community of Angelinos, Californians, and visitors with endless enjoyment and memorable experiences.